Monday, August 31, 2009

HOME AGAIN!!!!

Yes, we are once again home. I am so sorry that I did not post sooner, but I have been so tired from little Miss K thinking that she need not sleep. Anyhow, we cam home Saturday afternoon. Kaidence looked much better and is able to handle her secretions much better. We think that the combo of the pain medication (because it can suppress the respiratory system), her thick secretions and cough all caused her to her airway to have a spasm that immediately closed off. She did not seem to lose consciousness and I really doubt that she ever had a seizure. Her saturations took the day to recover and get back to where they were normally, but they did. Her fevers stopped that night in the hospital.

Kaidence is soooooo grumpy. This is NOT like her at all. It almost seems like I brought home a totally different child. She does not want anyone to look at her, she wants to be held (but not be held). She is not sleeping during the night. I find her on the floor, sleeping with wooden blocks under her back and head. She just is not herself. I have loved spending time with Kaidence. I have just never seen her so miserable. She is starting to drink and I did get a smile tonight!!!! We are almost a week out, one more to go!

5 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

What a scary thing to have gone through. I am glad that she is home now. It's so hard when they just aren't acting like themselves. I will pray that she will start feeling better soon (and that you will hold up in the meantime).

---Allison

angie said...

"she is starting to drink" nooooooo, she is so young, you should really keep the liquor up higher. Glad you got a smile from her, maybe tonight...sleep.

The Simmons Family said...

We're praying that Kaidence starts to feel more like herself soon!

Little Bear and Peanut said...

Glad you are home! It can only go uphill from now on, I am sure. Emma was terrified of her crib after her surgery, it took two weeks to get her to sleep in it again. Kaidence and your family are in our prayers!

Tiffany Profsky said...

hey-
its tiff
would you be available sept 29th from 930-11 ish?
send me an email.
tiffany.kae@gmail.com