Thursday, March 13, 2008


This morning Kaidence's WBC was up to .8 (800). The Doctors are pretty happy that the shot given yesterday boosted the numbers so well. I wish that the numbers were because she did it on her own. Just for the fact alone that I would not have to worry any longer about the Bone Marrow stuff. Instead we will wait and see what next week brings. Had an echo this morning but have not heard any results. We are happy that we get to go home today. We are excited and hopefully we can keep her healthy. We will still do our normal 2x a week appts.

Still waiting to here about Shalyse, but sounds like labor is progressing well.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008


Sending good luck wishes tonight to my little sis who is having her baby tomorrow. She goes in ealry morning to be induced. We pray that things will move quickly and safely. I think she is having a boy but we will just have to wait and see. I wish I could be there.

Sorry , I am posting so late once again. Kaidence's count is down again today. They have decided on some different meds to try and this evening gave her the Neupogen (sp?) IV. This will help give her neutrophils a boost. I am worried that it could mask something, but it sounds like they have all thought this out. They will check numbers in the morning. If they are higher they talked about sending Kaidence home soon. However, I am not sure that everyone at our home is healthy and well. The shot will last about 5 days. If the numbers stay up, great. If they drop again we will then check her Bone Marrow. They will do an echo tomorrow. Kaidence's cath lab and stint procedure has been moved out to April 10th.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Sorry that I waited so long to update. Today started out being busy right from the start. Cardiology came by and discussed some new medications. The cancer doctor came in and looked kaidence over. He looked over her blood test from last evening and feels that she is making enough RED blood cells and that definitely points us in a better direction for now. He said that some cancers only affect the WHITE blood cells but at this point he still feels that it is medication or virus related. He will continue watching for signs otherwise and only do the bone marrow as a last result. We will keep it in the back of our minds. Big sigh of relief for today. I enjoy and savor the days that bring good news in case I need to bottle a little sweetness for the next day to keep on hand. These road bumps are good realtiy checks for us. It sure keeps us counting our blessings. It helps remind us that things could always be worse. They took Kaidence off a med called Cellcept. They had the big transplant meeting this morning with all the surrounding hospitals and discussed the issues with Kaidence. I think that all the transplant docs around must know a lot about my daughter. They feel that the Cellcept is a very likely source. They took her off and hopefully her immune system will stay suppressed enough without it so that she doesn't go into rejection. At this point rejection is less risky than no immune system. We are on super precautions with Kaidence to keep her germ free.
We did some feeding therapy with Kaidence, but it is going to take a lot of time and work to get Kaidence eating like she should be. It brings me a lot of frustration because so much is involved in something that you and I don't think twice about.
Kaidence looks great and she is happy as usual. Hopefully her blood test will look better tomorrow. Thank You Traci and Mikayla for the "Rainbow Cafe" gift card. You are right, it does get very expensive. I have never had one of these before and it is a blessing to me, so thank you for thinking of us.
Thank You everyone for your prayers. We depend on them. I think I will sleep much better tonight.

Monday, March 10, 2008

HOSPITAL AGAIN -TAKE 2 (OR 3, 4, 5, .......)

Well really, what would your day be like without a little drama from our little Kaidence?We went to Cardiology today and never got to go home. We love the hospital, what can I say? Kaidence's WBC count is .1 the lowest that it has ever been. We thought that we were on top of it because Kaidence looked so much better. It caught us all by surprise. If blood test don't give us a cause then they will take some of her bone marrow and start looking into different Cancers. I don't want it to get that far. I am terrified at the thought of cancer and have no idea what we would decide if it got to that point. We need prayers for the team of doctors that are trying to figure it all out. I am praying that it is a simple answer and that we can catch it soon so that my family can be home together. We will update the blog as we are updated.

Kaidence still is not a fan of eating however today she decided that she liked ranch vegetable dip and Chile Verde sauce. A little crazy, I know. Especially for a kid that won't eat anything at all.
Please continue to pray for Carson and if you could please include our little family. We really need it now. I am afraid once again of the unknown and once again it is out of my control.