Yesterday afternoon Kaidence was placed on some heavy duty antibiotics and she seems to have responded well. Her fever finally broke and the vomiting stopped. She is getting back some strength but looks rough. Her blood cultures came back positive, meaning that she does have an infection in her blood and they think that is why she got so sick so fast. They are waiting for the specific infection to be identified and most likely will not know that until tomorrow. Kaidence will need to stay until they can figure the best antibiotics for whatever infection she has and have a pic line placed for going home with for antibiotics. They won't place the line however until her cultures come back negative. They will continue to watch her closely to be sure she doesn't get worse. We may go home Monday-ish.
6 hours ago