Wednesday, December 26, 2007

UPDATE-TEST

Kaidence has had 2 of the 3 test. What they thought was a blood clot is just stitches and what a big relief that was for everybody. She went and had her diaphragm test and all of that is normal. None of the nerves have been damaged she just has a big, strong healthy heart. I don't think I have ever said that before. We are taking her to the OR around 4:00 to have them open up her voice box and check all of the vocal chords. I hope that goes well. Kaidence woke up and was looking all around. I walked to her bedside to talk to her and she started kicking her legs. She then starting pushing her little bottom up. That is her sign that she wants you to pick her up and of course I can't with the breathing tube in her. Needless to say that made her mad and her blood pressure showed it so they had to paralyze her again. I think that once she can get extubated things will be easier on her and they won't have to keep her as drugged.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Big sigh of relief... we sit on the edge of our seats with you. Thanks for the quick updates! I hope she will be extubated soon, and back in your arms! You are one special family. Love and miss you, Jenn

Becky Wertz said...

We are glad she is okay.

carolyn q said...

OH, I am glad to read that it wasn't a blood clot.
I hope that things go well as they look at her voice box.
I think that is great that she wants to you to hold her too. Now, if she can just be patient a little longer. . . she will be in your arms very soon.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Megan and Alyvia said...

I am sooo glad she doesn't have a blood clot. Please keep us updated on her voice box....we are praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens it was just stitches. It seem that she is anxious to get going. I hope that her other test come out ok. Aunt Deb

Caroline, Alan, and Abby said...

We are staying updated and thinking of all of you...wish we could be there with you...

Pam said...

So glad that it wasn't a blood clot.

Praying for extubation soon so that she can be snuggling with you soon!!

((Hugs!))

Pam and Rhett

Crystal said...

It's SO wonderful to hear that Kaidence is doing so well. Having been down this same road before with Noah, there is nothing that pleases me more. We will continue to pray for Kaidence and look forward to a happy and healthy future!
~Crystal
Noah's Mommy
IHH Member